Thursday 25 April 2013

Majestic Majesty!

I think Summer has finally arrived here in Cyprus. The weather is fabulous!! The fruit is ripening nicely on the trees in the orchard. So there'll be lots of jam making in this household very soon.

On to today's card. The CD Sunday Challenge is all things Majestic in honour of Her Majesty's birthday.

Thinking caps on for this one team lol. I found a great image of a 'stag at bay'. Now if that isn't majestic nothing is. And Her Majesty loves all things Scottish so I went with it. The image is from Pyramid Krazy CD. I didn't pyramage it tho. Instead I used the bottom layer as a tag and created the background to the card with the matching background paper and metallic paper from papercellar. I cut 2inch squares and put them diamond shape up and made a patchwork background. Where they joined I added green flowers to neaten it up.

I hung the topper on a piece of green ric rac ribbon and tied a bow to the top.
 
 On the topper I also added the green flowers and green Happy Birthday sticker.......hope she likes green lol!!
 
Challenges:  CD Sunday.....Majestic
                                                            Tuesday Throwdown......Make own background

14 comments:

  1. A very effective card Wynn,your image is perfect for this weeks challenge and I like how you have made your own backing paper.
    Thanks for joining us again this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is very Majestic Wynn, the green works well with the rustic colours too. Your little gift is on it's way to Cyprus, sorry i was i bit slow getting it you and i do hope like ir.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it Sue. Things take ages to get to me......real snail mail.....so I'm used to late postal arrivals lol x

      Delete
  3. Lovely card, yes the stag is a majestic animal.
    I am so glad summer has arrived in Cyprus as we are going to your island in September for two weeks, hopefully our spring will have arrived and we might be in summer by then here in the UK,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. September is a lovely month. The weather will be perfect Margaret. If you're visiting Paphos let me know and we can meet up for coffee and a chat. x

      Delete
  4. I like your patchwork background and the stag is a great interpretation of Majestic. Great card Wynn.
    Thank you for joining us again this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wynn, thank you so much for the lovely comment you´ve left on my blog. Your cards are amazing - elegant and unique! Looking forward to your next creations :). Wish you a wonderful weekend, regards Renata

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great different take on our theme Wynn. Great background. Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another very majestic animal, I love the rustic look. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fun background effect.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super background, and I do like the majestic stance of the stag. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. All behind this week. A fabulous card Wynn, love the patchwork, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice patchwork background. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.
    Kim L. DT

    ReplyDelete