Thursday 13 June 2013

Hey Baby!

We've been  'playing' at my craft group again with making our own backgrounds. I showed them the patchwork idea taht I'd shown you on my blog a few weeks ago. It's very simple , just 5 x 5cms squares pieced together to cover the A4 card. I used patterned co-ordinating pieces but you could just as effectively use plain.

I looked at the sketch on the Totally Gorguss challenge blog and followed that.

I layered the baby image on a sizzex scalloped die cut. The lacey edge is from Forest Friends CD by Sharon Duncan. I added 2 card candy flowers, yellow bow and 3 green butterfly beads to finish it off. The 'Welcome' greeting has been in my stash for eons but only just found it at the bottom of the pile .....as you do!!




So something a bit different for a baby card. I'll put this to one side for a friends' new grandbaby.....not sure of the sex so the colours will cover all 'makes and sizes' I think!

Challenges:
                   totallygorjuss..............188-hey-baby.
                   countryview............... die cuts
                   createdwithlove .......   anything goes
                   aud sentiments ...........anything goes
                  pictureandscrap ...........use flower

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Love the image. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Created with Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card!

    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap :)

    ReplyDelete