Monday 22 July 2013

Lemon Lavender and Lace

Hope it's still a hot one in the UK. I expect everyone.well nearly everyone is wondering about the Royal baby .....not long now!!

Today's card started out as a CD Sunday challenge but then I thought not sure if Fairies or is it an Angel really covered the theme Dragons and Dreams so I've made another card for that challenge and I'll post it tomorrow.

I tried a new shape out as I always need something different for my crafty ladies. I'm having a rest  from my weekly sessions as it's too hot here in the Summer to do much and lots of people have visitors so it gives us all a break. Except of course 'yours truly' has to plan for the Autumn so I never really get a break from crafting.

The card was made from one piece of card and a half oblong cut from the centre then half of the card was folded back....piccie will give you a better idea.

 
front
 
 
side view
 
The background paper and image were from a CD by Joanne Sheen 'Victorian Angels and Fairies'. I added a  
lace border and lavender and lemon bows. The flowers were hand made using circles of lemon paper and then cut in a spiral and rolled up to give a rose shape.
 
 
I added leaves cut from the same paper and a lemon bow to finish. The background has cream flowers with an orange centre and of course green leaves so I hope this covers me for the challenge at
 
Challenges:
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card... Love the shape of the card...
    Thanks for sharing it with TPC...

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally awesome and beautiful!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great design and image. Thanks for joining in at Alphabet Challenge this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love that image! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Wynne thank you for entering our Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. You card is beautiful. I love to design we card shapes too, I like yours. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and such a great shape...I love it. Thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge blog...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute card. I love papers and image. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete