Thursday 27 February 2014

My Happy Mess

Well I wasn't happy when I made a mess with one of my Masks but it turned out OK in the end. I was demonstrating to my crafters how to use the new Masks that I'd bought whilst in the UK early last year. Well it all went horribly messy as the Mask split and the image was just a complete mess.

This is the Mask I used.
'That Special Touch' Floral Vines. I should have used low tac tape to anchor it I suppose but I didn't. It split and moved about . What a mess not only the stamped image but me too. Ink everywhere.....will my inked hands ever recover!! How not to use Masks crafters!!
 Very embarrassing too!

The distress ink used was Tim Holtz  Broken China which I sponged on with cut and dry foam.
What to do next with my mess.....throw it away...NEVER. I'm a crafter after all we never throw anything away do we.  It should have been binned of course as it really did look unusable.
Instead I decided to cut it up into 2cm squares and play around with it. This is what I ended up with.


I randomly placed the squares with thin 3D dots on to square card leaving equal spaces between each one. I then inked the edges of another square card and adhered this on to it. Then I looked through my stash to find a topper or embellishment that would match. Luckily I found  a greeting with the same background colour as the broken china. I placed it onto a piece of white card and rounded the corners with a punch then put 3D pads under it to give it a bit of a lift. Voila!! A mess retrieved happily.....well it's OK not one of my best but not bad.
                                                              This is the end result.

 

Sorry about the quality of the piccie. Lots of shadows as it was taken outside and the sun was a bit too bright.

Challenges: unstampabelleschallenges...... Dare to get dirty
                    paperprettiesblog.....PWC 299 Try a new technique


 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment