Tuesday 1 April 2014

(pin)spirational piccie

The piccie this week from (pin)spirational is a lovely Turtle. We have a Turtle sanctuary here in Cyprus down at Lara Beach. It's a great attraction but you have to be aware that you mustn't disturb them. Fascinating creatures!


                                                                     Isn't he/she a stunner!

                                               We have some generous sponsors this week.

prize: 3 sets



prize: 7 digis

prize: info later 


Our generous sponsors gave use some fab digis to play with. I was lucky enough to receive a cute one from Imagine That. It's an adorable image of a really laid back frog riding on a turtle. Party Animals Hoppy BD 2 You. Also a fab background paper.....Beach Papers Bella Beauties.



For the card base I used A4 card from my stash and folded it lengthwise to create a large/tall DL card. The digi was pre coloured so that was a great start as I'm not too keen on colouring in. I used a sizzex die to cut around the image and mounted it on pale green card. I found some matching green DP paper in my stash to cover the card then added a strip of turtle background paper, also from Imagine That, down the centre. I edged the strip with a wavy silver peel off. I found a 'Party' brad in green in my stash and put that on some green card stock. To balance the card I also added three flower brads to the same card stock and put the toppers top and bottom. I finished the image off with three green sequins and outlined the balloon sentiment with a gold bead strip from my stash.

 I hope you find time to visit our sponsors this week and pop over to pinspirational to see what the rest of the team have created. I'm sure you'll be tempted to join in.

 Don't forget to have fun.
 
Challenges:

 
                               

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the long, skinny card! That frog and turtle are too adorable!! Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun!! Hope you join us again!
    sharla~dt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie this is, love the image and your design. Thank you for joining us over at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wynn, I love that turtle. He's so cute. Such a great tall card. This one definitely fits in the Animal Antics Challenge at Open Minded Crafting Fun. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    Emily T.
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shape and you've used the turtle paper very effectively. Marina, fellow DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool card, Wynn! I never think about doing a tall card...will have to store that idea in my brain for future use!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in our "Animal Antics" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet and adorable. Lovely soft colours too x Thanks for joining us this week over at CYP. Good luck, Hugs, Samantha K :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful!!! Great use of the photo inspiration!! Great image!! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Animal Antics at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun image. Love the long shape for this card!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete