Sunday 2 November 2014

Coffee, Peach and Cream

It's time for another challenge at CD Sunday. Where do the days go. It'll soon be Christmas and we'll be stressed out as the Christmas cards won't be finished. Well mine never are!!

Last fortnight Carol asked you for Silhouettes. It took a while but eventually you were brave enough to take on the challenge with some fab entries. I think Carol will have a difficult time choosing her winner.

Over at CD Sunday Christine has challenged us to use Coffee Peach and Cream for this fortnights theme. This is a lovely colour combo but not one I often use.


I used peach for the main card. The card was from my trusty Lidls pad. The image was matted on cream card stock from the same pad. The image background is coffee coloured. So this was my starting points but what to do with them. I decided to go for a new fold that one of my teamies did at OLL. It's A4 folded with the front of the card scored at the halfway point and folded across the front of card. Then I scored a smaller section on the back layer and folded back with a mountain fold. I added a square matt across the centre.


The main image is from Debbie Moore Shabby Chic Collection. The sentiment and ribbon strip down the side panel are also from the same CD. The background paper was from the craft shop that is closing down here and was in a wallet or assorted papers which weren't named. I added flat backed pearls from my stash and made a spray of peach and cream flowers from my stash. The knot bow was a scrap of ribbon from a box of chocolates.

I hope you find time to pop over to CD Sunday and take a peep at the creations from my teamies. There are some pretty cards made for this challenge and all different as usual. Don't forget you must use something from a CD and it doesn't have to be a card it could be any papercraft item. So check through your stash for Coffee Peach and Cream and get going. Have fun..... I did!!!

4 comments:

  1. I do like this fold Wynn, it adds interest all around and i love the flowers and sentiment, beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see another different fold. The bunch of flowers are striking and very lovely.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card with an unusual fold. I love the flowers too.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sue & Jocelyn, nice to see another style of card fold. Love the flowers and the sentiments. I think we may have used the same CD and it shows how different we interpretate it
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete