Sunday 10 January 2016

'Wild Flowers' at CD Sunday

Good morning crafters. Well I'm blogging from a wet and miserable Cyprus. After such a mild December we find that Winter is slowly creeping in with days of constant rain with the odd sunny day thrown in to keep us happy....well me happy as I don't do cold!!

Last time at CD Sunday Carol asked us to 'Ring in the New Year'. We had some great designs sent in by you. What clever crafters we have entering our challenges.  She's very busy choosing her top three so don't forget to pop over to see if it's you.

It is my turn to choose the theme at CD Sunday this fortnight and I thought we could brighten up our days with some  'Wildflowers'  and I remember fondly our holiday in France earlier this year when we saw fields and fields of sunflowers and hollyhocks growing wild everywhere. A wonderful array of colour across the countryside. It really brought a smile to my face.


            Lots of colour brought to an old stone wall with wildflowers in a small village in France.

                                                             Here is my inspiration for you.

 
 
The main card is made into an easel card. I covered it with DP from Ooh La La. The image was also from 'Carnival of Colour' from Ooh La La. I placed a bow ribbon strip down the side and continued it on to the stopper base. This was also from the CD. With the left over ribbon strip I made a banner and added a Happy Birthday greeting from my stash. The stopper base was covered card in the same DP and raised up with 3D pads to give it height. Finally I added gems to the bow and on the ribbon strip.
 
For more fab designs please pop over to CD Sunday (link in sidebar)  and see what the rest of the design team have created for you to enjoy. You won't be disappointed. I will sending the winner of my choice a little prize of craft goodies.So something to look forward to in the post now that the Christmas cards have finally stopped arriving.

6 comments:

  1. It can't be as wet and miserable as it is in the UK at the moment enjoy your time , lovely card and great theme i loved this one have a great weekend
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this CD and I've hardly used it - I must take a closer look as your card is gorgeous
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card Wynn, a really pretty image and lovely fresh blues.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous photo Wynn, a reminder of warmer days to come. Great theme choice. Lovely card and choice of colour.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely bright image Wynn.
    Shaz is right though - you can't be as wet as we are back here. The rain is relentless. I certainly cannot remember such a wet winter before.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll swap your rain for the deluge we have been having here, A love card card and great challenge Wynn , it says spring is round the corner.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete